Wednesday, June 8, 2011

God's Majesty creates miracles every day


Job 36:32
He fills his hands with lightning and commands it to strike its mark.


Job 37:15
Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?

Job 38

The LORD Speaks
 1 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
 2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
   with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
   I will question you,
   and you shall answer me.
 4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
   Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
   Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
   or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
   and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
 8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
   when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
   and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
   and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
   here is where your proud waves halt’?
 12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
   or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
   and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
   its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
   and their upraised arm is broken.
 16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
   or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
   Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
   Tell me, if you know all this.
 19 “What is the way to the abode of light?
   And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
   Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
   You have lived so many years!
 22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
   or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
   for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
   or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth? 

 Hmmm....have you ever thought about every single one of those questions at some point in your lifetime? I'm guessing you've missed at least one. And if these topics of grandeur have escaped you, how much more the finite details of your every day life?

Today, we were shown this in a small way, just to reiterate that we know so, so little of the endless wisdom God possesses. 


Our beloved truck - it got an oil change and was running better. But it has stranded us in several places yet.  We took it to the local mechanic whom all the locals rave about. He's the one who did our oil change and we agree, he's a solid, very nice man. So he offered to look at the truck if we had trouble again with it not starting after the oil change. It played nice for about three days. And then, as I give it a mind of it's own, it decided a few days ago that it wanted to act up again. So we took up the mechanic on his offer and took it in this morning...

And, can you guess? yep, it started every time they tried to start it. 

That right there told me, it's not the vehicle with a mind of it's own (duh, right!). No, it's God, saying to us each time we're stuck somewhere, he's got something else  planned for us.  Once it was a nice walk through Middleton and a quick bite to eat at McD's.  Once it was a good dinner with a great friend. Another time it was a chance to choose God (by remaining pleasant) instead of the evil one (by getting angry) to show the kids I accept God's will, even if it wasn't my plan to walk home from the ice cream shop.  


And today, it was a chance to have God answer a prayer for a miracle right away. Remember today, the mechanic started the truck numerous times and had no troubles. So about an hour or so later, I get in the truck to take my daughter to her last Daisy meeting to Bridge to Brownie.  we had our brownies in hand and said a quick prayer that it would start. And it did. Thank you, God. And we were off, a mile from home, starting to storm and we make our turn onto the highway to head to the next town for the meeting. And the truck dies in the middle of the turn onto the highway. I coasted over to the side of the road and do what I do best - pick up the phone and call my husband for a 'great idea'! It's just a comfort thing. I know he can do nothing but pray, as well. 


I tried a few times to restart, after giving my daughter the option of walking home quick before it starts to pour or wait and see if it will start. Of course, we both want the truck to start so we can get our brownie on!


And I said outloud, 'We need a miracle God.' And this, the fourth try, it turned over. And I said sincerely, 'Thank you God for that miracle.' And without a second of hesitation, I threw it into drive and slammed on the gas. Tires screeching, open road ahead and behind and we were off, like lightning! On our way to get our brownie on. 

This was God's timing. And this time, our gift, especially to my daughter was to see God answer a prayer, right away, for a miracle. 




Job 42

     1 Then Job replied to the LORD:
 2 “I know that you can do all things;
   no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
   Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
   things too wonderful for me to know.
 4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
   I will question you,
   and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you
   but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
   and repent in dust and ashes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page