Sunday, December 25, 2011

God desires to be so near to me, his chosen one

I was created for his purpose. And each day I have a choice to make.

Every day of these 31 years of my life, I've had a choice to make. From 0 to about 12 I didn't realize the power of that choice. Yet God waited for me. From 13-21 I think I knew I was making the wrong choice. I was not chosing God but myself. Yet my Father waited for me. Saved me from death, literal death and spiritual death. I could've been killed in a car accident, falling asleep at the wheel many times. I could have been murdered like Ms. Zimmerman and the many other women on the Madison campus who disappeared at bar time, only to end up dead. I could have killed myself, driving intoxicated behind the wheel or poisoning myself with alcohol. 

But God carried me through those times, for his purpose. Because he knew eventually, I would turn back to him and he would save me and heal me.

Matthew 13:15
For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

These last days of my life and these last two and a half years, I have known more joy than I have ever known. He has blessed me with the most humble man I have ever known, to be my husband. I have experienced the power of his resurrection in the healing of my marriage, the healing of the hearts of myself, my husband and my children, in the healing of the terrible disease that once had overpowered my husband but has now been overcome by Jesus. I have been released from this world. I have broken free and cut the ties to this world and all its evil tactics and traditions. And I have experienced heaven on earth - Freedom and the everlasting love of God.

I chose to turn to God for him to heal me and I choose that daily. And this is my daily miracle, my heart is not calloused. The miracle of resurrection power is alive in me because of my brother and Savior, Jesus. Completely unrestrained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page